Welcome to our Governors' page. Here you will find details of who our Governors are, attendance at meetings and Governor Business Interests.
We currently have a single governing body with no sub-committess.
School governors provide strategic leadership and accountability in schools. Governors appoint the Headteacher and also hold the main responsibility for finance in schools and work alongside the Headteacher in making decisions about school resources.
Each individual governor is a member of the governing body which is established in law as a corporate body. Individual governors may not act independently of the rest of the governing body; decisions are the joint responsibility of the governing body.
The role of the governing body is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the Headteacher
The governing body members include:
- parents elected by other parents with children at the school
- the headteacher
- staff members (teachers and support staff)
- a governor appointed by the Local Authority
- people chosen by governors, co-opted onto the governing body, who have the relevant skills to support the school achieving its strategic aims
For advice on how to become a parent governor or to check details of any vacant posts coming up please contact the school office.
Our next Governor meeting will take place on Wednesday 8th May 2019.